“”

How to Turn Your Customers into Your Greatest Advocates

This week on the Demand Gen Visionaries podcast, we were joined by Dave King, CMO at Asana. Dave has been building teams of “super marketers” for years, most recently at Percolate, Highfive, and Salesforce. 

Asana is a leading work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives. Asana has built an incredible community following; it serves millions of customers across 190 countries and integrates with over 100 applications to deliver a completely seamless workflow management experience, no matter what department you work in.

Tune in to the episode to hear Dave break down Asana’s unique demand gen strategy, which is based on a core belief in delivering an exceptional product experience, including:

Want to skip ahead to the highlights? Check out these can’t-miss moments:

Episode Highlights

(4:43) Asana Demand Gen is Built on a Hybrid Go-to-Market Model

(7:49) A Marketing Team Aligned to the Customer Journey

(10:32) How Asana Drives Revenue from a Self-Service Free Model

(15:38) Asana’s Success is Based on a Consultative, Community-Based Approach

(20:37) Dave’s Uncuttable Demand Gen Budget Items

(21:23) How Asana Accelerates Building Customer Advocates

(28:08) Marketing Tactics that are Diminishing in Value

(30:34) How Dave Prioritizes Asana’s Website

(31:49) How Asana Built a Demand Gen Campaign in 48 Hours

(37:56) Quick Hits: Getting to Know Dave

Episode Quotes

“Some of the best marketing is not creating things out of scratch. We see what is working organically, and then create programs to amplify and facilitate that."
“When I come into a company, I talk with the founders and the board and I say, ‘80% of the budget I will show you—to the best of my ability—the return on that investment. The other 20% I'm asking you to trust me to make great long-term brand investments. I can't always show you the ROI, but I'm asking you to trust that it will be in the best interest of the company.’”
"What is the scarce commodity in society right now is trust. There is so much information out there, but we make emotional decisions and we make them based on trust. And I think that's ultimately what a brand is, is how do I deliver trust."
“Demand gen has to be tailored to your audience and the needs of the business. You can't take a demand gen model that works at company X and apply it to company Y.”


Ready to hear from more Demand Gen Visionaries? You can subscribe and find all episodes here.

Posted on
September 9, 2020
by
Megan Guy

Related blog posts

Replacing Anecdotes with Data

On this episode, Mark talks about being the sole RevOps team member at his startup, and how he collaborates with sales and marketing teams.

Read more

Boosting your Video Engagement Score

On this episode, Marie shares insights into boosting video engagement scores, adapting your marketing strategy regionally, and why it’s important to keep your audience engaged.

Read more

How Emotions Drive Purchasing Decisions

On this episode, Chris shares how emotions drive purchasing decisions, why customers respond to storytelling, and the impact of understanding the consumer.

Read more

See Qualified in action

Quick Demo?

See how the #1 conversational sales and marketing platform for Salesforce can help you grow pipeline.
Book a Demo

Request a live demo

See Qualified in action on your website. Request a live demo and one of our reps will contact you immediately, or talk to us right now.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
Free custom demo
Live on your site