Beginning on February 15, 2021 and coinciding with the Salesforce's Spring ’21 release, Pardot’s user authentication system will be discontinued and all users will be required to use Salesforce single sign-on (SSO). All Pardot users not enabled with Salesforce SSO by February 15, 2021 will lose the ability to log into Pardot until they are connected to a Salesforce user.
If you're connected to your Pardot instance in Qualified, what this means for you is that you'll need to reconnect your Pardot connection using your new Salesforce SSO user.
To migrate your connection to use the new Salesforce SSO user, you'll want to follow the steps listed below or watch our quick how-to video guide.
1. Create a new SSO-enabled Pardot user.
Please note: We do not recommend that you enable SSO on your existing connected user. We recommend creating a new one and reconnecting using that user information.
2. Enable SSO for your connected user if you've not done so already and follow the connection flow below.
3. Log in to Qualified and navigate to Pardot > Connection and select to upgrade your connection in the Pardot Settings area shown below.
4. Input your Pardot Business Unit ID when prompted.
To find the Pardot Business Unit ID, use Setup in Salesforce. From Setup, enter "Pardot Account Setup" in the Quick Find box. Your Pardot Business Unit ID begins with "0Uv" and is 18 characters long. If you cannot access the Pardot Account Setup information, ask your Salesforce Administrator to provide you with the Pardot Business Unit ID.
5. Connect using your new SSO user previously created when prompted.
You should be all connected at this point to Pardot and no further action is needed. If you're experiencing any problems, please contact your CSM or our support team.