Enable Qualified to automatically create or update contacts in HubSpot. When visitors arrive on your site, Qualified can update HubSpot contact records automatically via an Experience or proactively during live chat.
Configure HubSpot Integration Settings
First, connect Qualified to HubSpot. We enhanced our HubSpot integration in autumn 2022. If you connected to HubSpot prior, go to Settings → HubSpot → Connection and click Update connection.
When Qualified creates a new HubSpot contact, by default only your mapped fields are included. If you want to also include their website session history, tracked by HubSpot browser cookies, you can. We recommend enabling this option for the most robust and complete HubSpot records.
To associate a visitor’s HubSpot cookies with their new HubSpot contact:
- Click the Settings icon.
- In the left panel, click Connection below HubSpot.
- Click Configure Visitor Association.
This creates a new form in your HubSpot account named “Qualified Visitors Association Form.” (To view it in HubSpot, go to Marketing → Forms.) This allows Qualified to associate the new contact in HubSpot with their previously tracked history.
If the “Qualified Visitors Association Form” is accidentally deleted from HubSpot, go to Settings → HubSpot → Connection and click Re-create Qualified Visitor Form. This will generate a new form so your visitor association works again.
How to Create & Update HubSpot Contacts
Once your Qualified and HubSpot accounts are connected, there are two ways to create or update HubSpot contact records from Qualified:
- If HubSpot is your default push destination, reps can click Create Contact in HubSpot during live chats.
- A visitor is served an Experience and enters their email in the Qualified messenger. When they reach a Push to an external system Experience step for HubSpot, Qualified automatically creates a new contact or updates a matched contact in HubSpot.
Analyze HubSpot Contacts Created by Qualified
You may want to learn more about HubSpot contacts created by Qualified, such as comparing those that were created by sales reps during a conversation or automatically via an Experience. You can review data in dashboards and reports.
Your Overview dashboard showcases the number of contacts created by Qualified in a few tiles:
- HubSpot Contact Sessions: This displays the number of conversations between a bot or rep and a visitor with a Hubspot contact record and the total number of new contacts created by Qualified.
- HubSpot Contact Sessions: This displays the number of visitor conversations with a bot or rep associated with a Hubspot contact record and the total number of new contacts created by Qualified.
- Experience Leaderboard: Below the Created column header, the total number of contacts created via an Experience’s push step is listed. The percentage represents the percent of sessions in that Experience that led to a new HubSpot contact.
On the Rep Performance dashboard, the Rep Leaderboard tile displays the total number of HubSpot contacts created per sales rep. This data is located in the Created column.
When you create a custom dashboard, the same HubSpot-related tiles in your Overview and Rep Performance dashboards are available and you can customize them further. For example, click Comparison to display multiple metrics, like HubSpot Contacts created with Salesforce Leads created:
Add an External Created column to your session reports to show when Qualified pushes a new contact to HubSpot. The HubSpot icon is highlighted orange if a contact was created during that session.
To apply a report filter to view only the sessions where a new HubSpot contact was created:
- Click Add Filter.
- From the first drop-down menu, choose Experiences that created an HubSpot Contact or Reps who created an HubSpot Contact.
- Use the next drop-down menus to narrow down which reps or Experiences are included. For a report with all new HubSpot contacts, select is anything from the second drop-down menu.
- Click Apply.