The Qualified messenger is what visitors see during Experiences and use to interact with your sales reps. Customize your messenger’s appearance to match your brand's colors, fonts, and logo.
Customize the Messenger Theme
You can change the appearance of your messenger to align with your company’s branding. Any changes to your themes will immediately take effect anywhere your Qualified messenger is installed.
Go to Settings icon → Messenger to customize these settings:
Choose which colors are used in your Qualified messenger.
- Primary: Pick your messenger's main color, which appears in chat messages' background, buttons' background, and the messenger's header (if reps don't allow voice and video).
- Text: Pick the color of the text in your messenger header and chat messages.
Customize what visitors see along the top of the messenger when chatting with a bot or a rep that doesn’t allow voice and video:
- Title: Enter the title you want visible at the top of the messenger, like your company's name.
Messenger logo: Upload a logo that appears within the messenger, next to the title. There are two requirements:
- Size: 128 pixels x 128 pixels
- File type: PNG, JPG, or GIF (An uploaded GIF will appear static and not animate.)
- Background: Select a Color or upload an Image to appear behind the messenger header’s title and logo.
Modify how buttons inside the Qualified messenger look:
- Style: Decide if the buttons are Solid (fully opaque background color), Outline (color border around the button’s text), or Shade (less saturation in background color).
- Colors: Apply your theme’s primary color by default or select a different one.
- Corners: Choose if you want the buttons to be Rectangle shaped with rounded corners or an oblong oval Pill.
Make the launcher visually stand out, the button that sits on your website before visitors engage with the Qualified messenger:
- Shape: Select the shape of the launcher button.
- Graphic: Choose an Icon or upload an Image to appear in the launcher button.
- Background color: Apply your theme’s primary color by default or select a different one.
When reps allow voice and video, select what appears behind the rep and visitor’s videos in the Qualified messenger:
- Background type: Pick the Color or upload an Image to appear in the video box.
Specify when and how the theme is applied.
- Default theme: Toggle on if you want this to be the standard theme for your Qualified messenger.
- Display on domains: Enter which domains should present the saved theme.
- Allow visitors to initiate video calls*: Choose if website visitors can start a video call. If not selected, only sales reps can begin a video call.
- Allow visitors to call your reps*: Choose if Qualified voice is enabled within the messenger.
- Only play alert sounds after the visitor opens the messenger: Send an audible alert only if a visitor opens the messenger, rather than alert your reps every time a new visitor is on your site or when a rep pounces.
*If your account has Qualified voice, the Allow visitors to initiate video calls setting is present. If our newer Qualified voice and video feature is enabled on your account, then the Allow visitors to call your reps setting is instead listed.Delete
TIP! Partner with your marketing team to ensure your Experiences’ messages and calls to action align with your brand’s voice and tone.
Preview the Messenger Theme
As you adjust these settings, the preview on the right will reflect your changes. The preview includes what the Qualified app looks like before any visitor engagement and during a chat with and without the video box.
Create Multiple Messenger Themes
You may want to use different themes with your organization's various brands. For example, you can use one theme that matches your commercial product line and a different theme for your consumer product line.
To create an additional Qualified messenger theme:
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click Messenger.
- Next to Themes, click the + icon:
- Enter a theme name.
- (Optional) If you want this theme to be the new default one, go to the Settings section and toggle Default on.
- (Optional) If only specific domains should display this new theme, enter those domains in Settings → Display on domains.
- Update the remaining messenger theme settings on this page.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner.
If a domain is included in one of your theme’s Display on domains settings, then any Experience on that domain will reflect that custom theme. If the visitor is on your site but that domain is not specified on any theme, your Experiences are presented with the default theme.
If you would like to use multiple Qualified messenger themes and this setting isn’t present in your admin account, connect with your Qualified Success Architect.
Rebrand the Messenger
When your organization goes through a rebrand, update your messenger themes with any new colors or logos. If applicable, make sure to also:
- Update the Meeting title in Org Calendar settings.
- Ask sales reps to update their meeting confirmation emails with your new company name and personal meeting links. (If your organization’s Zoom domain changes, for example, the personal meeting links will change.)
- Update within your Experiences:
- Text to reflect your new company name
- Hyperlinks to your retired website
- Which website domain is referenced when branching or routing visitors
- Paid advertisement UTMs used to trigger Experiences