Marketing teams work hard to drive qualified traffic to your site, but the deluge can overwhelm sales reps if you’re not careful. Dynamically guide your reps to the visitors with the highest buying intent to efficiently grow pipeline.
The Inbound Hot or Not strategy allows inbound sales reps to understand which website visitors deserve immediate attention and which can be deprioritized.
How to Build the Inbound Hot or Not
Your Qualified and Salesforce admins can then build the Inbound Hot or Not so your reps pounce on the most promising visitors.
1. Install the Signals Unmanaged Package
- Reach out to your Qualified Success Architect for the password.
- Go to the Signals package’s installation page.
- Enter your username and password for your Salesforce organization and click Log In. The installation page will appear.
- Enter the password provided by your Qualified Success Architect.
- Select Rename conflicting components in package.
- Select Install for All Users.
- Click Install.
- Click Done.
2. Create Visitor Fields Based on Signals Data
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click Visitor Fields from the left sidebar.
- Click the + icon under your existing visitor fields.
Create three visitor fields with these details:
Name Type Prefill Values Signals Temperature Text Variable =visitor.company.external_fields.salesforce_account.q_score__c Signals Intent Text Variable =visitor.company.external_fields.salesforce_account.q_trend__c Signals Trend Text Variable =visitor.company.external_fields.salesforce_account.q_trend__c
- Click Save in the top-right corner.
3. Build Segments Based on Signals Data
- While still under Settings, click Segments.
- Click the + icon.
Create your segments, such as:
Segment Name Data Type Name Operator Values Signals Intent: Hot/On Fire Field Signals Intent is any of Hot and On Fire Signals Trend: Heating/Surging Field Signals Trend is any of Heating and Surging
If you want your reps to focus on visitors with different Signals measures, like accounts with cooling opportunities, modify the segments’ values as needed.
4. Customize Live Streams to Organize Visitors by Signals Data
- From the left Settings sidebar, click Live Stream.
- Click Select Segments in a new or existing Live Stream.
- Click on the segment(s) you want to add to that Live Stream.
- Click Done.
- Create or update other Live Streams with any of your new Signals-based segments.
5. Empower Your Reps to Pounce On Visitors
Manager Marco wants to streamline his sales reps’ workflows by bringing Signals intelligence into the Live View. He works with Admin Anna to create Live Streams that include accounts with heating and surging Signals trends. The Live Streams with the highest Signals are organized towards the left, in priority order. To prepare for the updated Live View, his sales reps learn best practices from the Perfect Your Pounce course.
After the Live Streams are updated to showcase visitors with the hottest Signals intent, Rep Raquel is available to chat in Conversations. A visitor pops into their Live Stream that’s dedicated to surging Signals accounts. Rep Raquel reviews their Account 360 to learn the visitor’s browsing history and pounces to strike up a conversation.