Segments group your visitors into buckets according to your company’s predefined criteria. Use segments to power Live Streams and routing to enable your reps to easily engage with VIP visitors on your website.
In this article, we’ll walk through which segments you should create, how to create them within Qualified, and how to put segments into action for your sales reps.
Segments ensure your most valuable visitors are displayed front and center. Before getting started, decide which types of website visitors are important to your team and consider the amount of traffic you receive to your website.
A few important segments to consider are:
- Visitors in your ideal customer profile
- High-intent visitors (visitors on your legal or pricing pages)
- Your existing customers
- Paid advertising (Google, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Open opportunities
- Any of your ABM target accounts in Salesforce
You might also want to segment visitors who your sales reps should disregard:
- Internal employees
- Visitors who fall outside your ideal customer profile
Next, consider your website traffic. If you receive a lot of traffic to your site, you might wish to segment your visitors even further to cut out the noise for your sales team. Don’t get a lot of traffic? Keep your segments to a minimum and give your sales reps more visibility.
- Navigate to Settings > Segments.
- Select the ‘+’ to create a new Segment.
- Name the Segment.
At this step, you can create the segment based on the visitor data that’s revealed when they arrive on your site or as they interact with your Qualified experiences such as:
- Salesforce field Information
- Qualified visitor fields
- Target account lists
- Marketing automation fields (Pardot or Marketo)
- Note that this includes being able to sync Marketo Smart List, Static List and Program Members for use in segment criteria if enabled by your Qualified Success Architect.
- Visitor location
- Data enrichment information
- Other segments previously created
Using Segments in Qualified
Now that you’ve created your segments, you can leverage them for routing rules and for the Live Stream.
Segments can also be used within your routing rules to quickly get visitors to the right sales reps. Just like blocks in the Experience Builder can be used to streamline steps across experiences, you can think of segments as blocks for your visitor groups!
- Navigate to Settings > Routing.
- Create a new routing rule or edit an existing one.
- Within your routing rule, you’ll see your segments listed as a filter.
Add your segments to your Live Streams so that your sales reps can easily identify the visitors that mean the most to your business.
- Navigate to Settings > Live Streams.
- Find the Live Stream you’d like to edit or create a new one.
- Click “Select Segment.”
- Select the Segment you’ve just created to add it to the Live Stream.
Visitor segments allow you to quickly bucket the visitors on your website that mean the most to your business and minimize the noise from lower-priority visitors. By using segments with Live Streams, enable your sales team to proactively engage your most high-intent buyers on the website quickly and in real-time. Use segments in your routing rules to get your visitors into the hands of your sales reps that are in their region or who know the most about the prospect for better more meaningful conversations.